Lift Up Loyola
As a Jesuit university, we are guided by certain foundational principles, including cura personalis (care for the whole person – mind, body, and spirit), a holistic approach (impacting the head, heart, and the spirit), and a ministry of consolation (one that leads away from desolation). Our principles provide a foundation for us to be proactive in our response to national trends of increased rates of mental illness; drug abuse; and, according to a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the highest suicide rate in three decades.
It’s with this in mind that we’ve launched Lift Up Loyola, a movement focused on reviewing, communicating, and utilizing the multitude of resources and programs available to our community. This effort starts with each of us and encourages us to ask for help when you or someone you know is in need.
Together, we can make a difference. We thank our entire community for its support of Lift Up Loyola and one another.
Facing life's challenges is easier said than done. Loyola is here to help any time, any day. A professional counselor and a Residential Life Community Director are available to respond to after-hours emergencies 24/7/365.
In case of an emergency, please contact: Loyola University Police Department: (504) 865-3434 or dial 911 from a campus phone
- University Counseling Center
By appointment, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m, (504) 865-3835.
For 24/7/365 direct counselor-on-call services, please call: (504) 865-3854.
- Residential Life
Community Directors are available to respond to after-hours emergencies 24/7/365 and can be contacted via LUPD at (504) 865-3434
- Behavioral Intervention Team – provides support and intervention
- Silent Witness – anonymous reporting hotline
- Crisis Response Manual
For more information on campus support, please contact:
- University Counseling Center: (504) 865-3835; press 1 for after-hours help
- Student Health: (504) 865-3326
- Women's Resource Center: (504) 865-3083
- Office of Accessible Education: (504) 865-2990
- Department of Residential Life: (504) 865-2445
- Student Life and Ministry: (504) 865-3622