Virtual Activities & Programming
There are multiple ways to stay engaged with your fellow students, faculty, and staff. During the 2021-2022 academic year, Student Life and Ministry will host both virtual and in-person engagement opportunities.
Pastoral Counseling and Spiritual Companioning:
Pastoral counseling is available via telephone or video conferencing with University Minister, Fr. Gregg Grovenburg, S.J. In addition, virtual spiritual companioning is available with University Ministers Laura Alexander, Christine Johnson, and Ken Weber. Please call (504) 865-3622 or email us to schedule an appointment.
Sundays: Mass from Ignatius Chapel, 10:30 A.M. Click here to watch the 10:30 A.M. Mass!
Sundays: Mass from Ignatius Chapel, 9 P.M. Click here to watch the 9 P.M. Mass!
Weekday Mass from Ignatius Chapel, Monday - Friday, 12 P.M. Click here to watch the 12 P.M. Mass!
Chi Alpha Christian Fellowship "Connect" Worship Service. Click here to watch every Wednesday at 8 P.M.
Lenten Retreat in Daily Life:
Join the Loyola University New Orleans community in an online retreat experience this Lent. Faculty, staff, students, and alumni will share personal reflections on the daily scriptures. Reflections are emailed each morning throughout Lent and include questions to help you reflect on how the scriptures and topics relate to your life.
Subscribe here to receive the daily reflections in English.
Suscríbete aquí para recibir las reflexiones diarias en español.
Download the Corq App or log in to HowlConnect, our student engagement platform, to see both virtual and in person events happening throughout the week. Follow the University Programming Board on Instagram (@loyno_upb) to stay up to date with free campus programming and giveaways brought to you by your peers!
Interested in joining a student organization? Search through the full list of our student organizations in HowlConnect. On the student organization's portal, you can see ways to get involved with them, and events that have planned.
Campus Recreation will be hosting multiple events throughout the school year that can be done in person such as intramural sports leagues, club sports and others as well as virtually such as a Step Challenge (where you could win a Fitbit), a virtual 5k, Sports Trivia, and more. Make sure to create an IMLeagues.com account using your Loyola Email to stay up to date with Campus Recreation.
- Did you know Loyola University New Orleans provides all students, staff, and faculty free access to video conferencing with Zoom through your email address. This is a great way to “meet up” with your friends, classmates, and student organization members.
Are you a leader of a student organization on campus? Check out our HowlConnect guide with ways to engage your student org.
- Missing group fitness classes or going to the gym? Check out the Planet Fitness Facebook page for live-streamed daily workouts several times a day.
- Looking for additional resources for workouts, check out Fitness Blender for free at home workouts with little to no equipment needed.
- Is Yoga more your thing? Check out CorePower Yoga to keep up your practice from the comfort of your living room.
- For an introduction to mindfulness meditation that you can practice on your own, visit UCLA Health for downloadable guided meditations in both English and Spanish.
- For other mediation activities, Insight Timer has over 300 activities to choose from.
- For a list of free YMCA exercise classes, make sure to check out YMCA360!
Virtual Tours & Museums
Experience the best museums from NYC to France to Seoul in the comfort of your own home. Check out these sites to go on virtual tours of different museums and specific exhibits.
- The Louvre
- National Gallery of Art
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- Van Gogh Museum
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
- British Museum
Check out some cool places around the world from National Parks to National Landmarks.
- Go on a virtual field trip to Ellis Island
- Take a live look at Colonial Williamsburg
- Tour England through this 360 video
- Virtually discover Yellowstone National Park and 5 other National Parks thanks to virtual reality (and Google)!
- Take a walk on the Great Wall of China
- Check out the view from Pompeii through Google Maps
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover
Lions, tigers and bears, oh my! Just want a cute and cuddly distraction? Check out several different animal live cam options from watching silly sea otters and curious elephants or just mellow out to the hypnotic drifting jellyfish.
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Atlanta’s Zoo Panda Cam
- Georgia Aquarium
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bears
- Explore Live Cams
- Public Aquariums and Underwater Zoos Around the World
More Fun Things To Do!
- Lunchtime doodles with Mo Willems
- Check out the 25 Most Interesting Webcams of 2018
- Have a Netflix Party with friends while watching your favorite shows together!
- Have a long distance movie night with family and friends.
- Choose from 15 Broadway plays and musicals that you can watch on stage from home. Musical television more your thing? Check out this list of 11 Musical TV Shows to binge watch while you’re home, in between your remote classes of course!
- Create a collaborative playlist with your friends or jam out to Rita Wilson’s Quarantunes playlist.
- Need a new book to read? Check out New Orleans Public Library website for resources available to you online including ebooks, virtual newspapers, and streaming movies.
- Take up a new hobby such as making towel animals, crocheting, or choose from thousands of other tutorial videos on YouTube.
- Watch an Opera for free with the Metropolitan Opera
- Listen to a live recording from the Seattle Symphony
- Print off a free printable coloring page from the “Color Our Collections” campaign with coloring sheets from over 100 museums and libraries from around the world or choose from over 1,500 coloring pages with Just Color.
- Trivia from Home with Kahoot.it you can play trivia remotely with friends with just your cell phone! Set up a Zoom or Google Hangout to show the trivia questions and the answers will populate on your phone for you to select. You can build your own trivia questions or select from hundreds of pre-made subjects. This is a great way to destress, hang out remotely, and have fun!