Sophomore Year Experience
Sophomore Year Experience is a program designed specifically for second year students. Initiatives within this program will provide opportunities for you to meaningfully connect with Loyola community members and create pathways to resources, which support your progress through your sophomore year and beyond!
Students participating in the Sophomore Year Experience will develop meaningful connections with peers, faculty and staff, explore their academic and vocational interests and develop a stronger understanding of their personal identity.
- Develop Your Identity: Discover who you are in relation to self and others.
- Engage in Academic Life: Explore opportunities to enhance your curricular experience through academic support resources.
- Create a Sense of Belonging: Build meaningful relationships with peers, faculty and staff and find community at Loyola University New Orleans.
- Explore Career and Vocational Interests: Engage in self-assessment to develop and implement goals that reflect a unique role in the world of work and commitment to a life of service to others.
Sophomore Year Internship Program: Begin gaining more meaningful employment experiences by participating in the Sophomore Year Internship Program, which is designed to help sophomores secure internships, support their career exploration, and promote their readiness for the workplace. To learn more, make an appointment with a career coach on Handshake!
Class T-Shirts: Don't forget to get your official Class t-shirt! Students will be emailed with their pick up time and location each year.
- Sophomore & Junior Retreat: The Sophomore & Junior Year Retreat is an opportunity to deepen your relationships with classmates while applying Ignatian discernment and career development tools to your career/vocational interests and aspirations. This retreat will facilitate career exploration, helping you to develop a practical plan for achieving your career goals and post-graduate success. This year, the retreat will be on March 20 from 10-3 pm, with remote participation options available. Register here by March 12. Co-Sponsored by Student Life and Ministry and the Career Development Center. Contact Laura Alexander with questions.
Half-Way There Fair: You have made it to the halfway point! Congratulate yourself and your peers as we honor this milestone. Join us for a celebration with food, fellowship and unveiling of a new tradition just for sophomores!