COVID Testing and Vaccination
COVID Vaccination is available for all Loyola students, faculty and staff at no cost. We stock the Moderna vaccine, including the new bivalent booster shot. To make an appointment, use our appointlet form or call 504-865-3326, M–F, 8:30 am–4:45 pm.
Testing for Symptomatic Students:
- Any member of the Loyola community who is experiencing COVID symptoms should call SHS at 504-865-3326 to schedule an appointment for COVID testing. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m to 4:45 p.m., closed for University holidays.
- Students are given a full medical assessment in their appointment, including but not limited to, rapid antigen COVID testing, as indicated. PCR testing is also available in Student Health and processed through LabCorp. Results typically take 3--5 days.
- As the schedule permits, faculty and staff can receive rapid antigen COVID testing and recommendations for further assessment and care.
- Any member of the Loyola community who begins experiencing COVID symptoms while in quarantine should call SHS to schedule COVID testing.
Testing for Asymptomatic Students:
- Confirmed exposures: All confirmed exposures (vaccinated and unvaccinated) should schedule a COVID test 5 days from their exposure.
- No confirmed exposure: SHS does not provide testing for asymptomatic individuals without a confirmed exposure.
- Students, faculty and staff can access free PCR testing through the city of New Orleans.
- PCR results from SHS typically take 3--5 days.
- Other nearby PCR testing locations:
- Walgreens (718 Maple and S. Carrollton) - schedule online
- Walgreens (2418 S. Carrollton Ave.) - schedule online
- CVS (4401 S. Claiborne Ave.) - schedule online
- Ochsner Urgent Care Uptown (4605 Magazine Street) - walk-ins accepted as available
- Other community sites at various locations - Nola Ready website
Ochsner COVID-19 Self-Monitoring:
Been exposed? Tested positive? Click here to sign up for Ochsner's COVID-19 Self-Care and Symptom Management Program.